We've recently updated our Quick Search tools to make it even easier for your site visitors to search listings on your real estate website. Introducing the Compact Search V2 Quick Search Weblet!
Here's how to add it to your myRealPage website!
1 - Log in to Private Office:
- A. Enter the URL private-office.myrealpage.com
- B. Enter your username (the email address you used when signing up).
- C. Enter your password (which you chose during the sign-up process).
- D. Click Login.
2 - From the Dashboard:
- A. Click the Website tab.
- B. Click All Web Pages.
3 - On the List of Web Pages:
- A. Locate your Home Page from the list, and click on the Page Editor link below it.
- When making major edits to your website, we strongly encourage users to perform those edits on the Staging tab first, instead of directly on the Live tab.
4 - Editing Your Home Page:
- A. Locate the main search box on your home page. In this example, we are using a site that is using Theme 900. (Click here to view our selection of responsive themes.)
- B. On the green Edit This button laid directly on top of your home page's search bar, click on the + sign on the left edge of the button to add content below or above the current search bar. This will open a pop-up window.
5 - Adding Content:
- A. In the pop-up window, click on the Show All Available Weblets... button.
6 - In the Weblet Selector:
- A. In the weblet selector pop-up, search for the "Compact Search V2" weblet using the search bar on the upper right corner of the pop-up.
- B. Click on the weblet box.
7 - In the Compact Search Editor:
- A. (Optional) If you wish to pre-select search criteria, you can do so using the options provided.
- B. (Optional) Using the dropdown, select how you would like search results to be displayed (List or Map). If unchanged, the default is the List View.
- C. (Optional) You can select which web page to lead to when your site visitors perform a search. The destination page must contain a listing weblet configured to display IDX. If unchanged, the default is your public listings (reciprocity, recip.html).
8 - Adding Locations:
- A. (Optional) If you wish to pre-select search locations, you can do so by picking those locations in the dropdown menu.
- Please note that you can add as many pre-selected locations as you wish. However, these location names will appear in the search box once it is displayed on your website. As such, adding a lot of pre-selected locations may cause the search box to become taller, and may affect the look and/or layout of your home page.
9 - Adding the Weblet:
- A. Once you're done, click on the Save Weblet button.
10 - Back on the Home Page Editor:
- A. You should now see two search boxes in the editor for your Home Page. Locate the green Edit This button that is laid directly on top of your OLD home page search box.
- B. Place your mouse pointer on the X icon on the right side of the button, until it turns red, and the words "Delete this" appears. Click on the X icon.
11 - Removing the old search box:
- A. Click on the Yes, delete this weblet button to remove your old search box, and proceed.
12 - Enjoy the New Quick Search!
- A. Back at the home page editor, the new search box will now be displayed by itself.
- B. When previewing your site, the new Compact Search box should now be on your home page. Clicking on the Show More tab below it will show other search criteria such as price, rooms, etc.
- This weblet can be customized and styled using CSS.
Click Here to learn how to add the Compact Search V2 to an internal page on your myRealPage website
Click Here to learn how to add the Compact Search V2 to a Wordpress website
Click Here to learn how to add the Compact Search V2 to a third party website